Eighteen Milwaukee Digital Billboards!
Eighteen Milwaukee Art Organizations and Institutions!
Eighteen (or more) Milwaukee Artists!
October of 2013 is Digital Billboard Art Month, from the 1st to the 10th. Due to the generosity of Clear Channel Outdoor and Lamar Outdoor Advertising of Milwaukee, IN:SITE is organizing a first-of-its-kind-in-the-nation digital billboard art initiative.
Eighteen digital billboards will create awareness of City of Milwaukee visual artists and nonprofit art organizations and institutions. The names of the artists and establishments will be identified using a template, along with the phrase “Digital Billboard Art Month.” There will be no logos or website addresses.
How many people know the Milwaukee School of Engineering has an art museum on its campus, or that Mount Mary College has its own art gallery? How many people know about regional organizations that serve Milwaukee artists like the Coalition of Photographic Arts, the Milwaukee Artist Resource Network, and Wisconsin Visual Artists? How many people know the Grand Avenue Club, a social service agency, has a gallery?
Artist work curated by these eighteen participants will be highlighted during Digital Billboard Art Month (DBAM):
- Alverno College
- Coalition of Photographic Arts (CoPA)
- Grand Avenue Club
- Grohmann Museum, Milwaukee School of Engineering
- Haggerty Museum of Art, Marquette University
- Historic Milwaukee, Inc.
- Institute of Visual Arts (INOVA) Peck School of the Arts, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- Jewish Museum Milwaukee
- Latino Arts, Inc.
- Milwaukee Art Dealers Association (MADA)
- Milwaukee Artist Resource Network (MARN)
- Milwaukee Institute of Art & Design
- Mount Mary College
- RedLine Milwaukee
- VSA Wisconsin
- Walker’s Point Center for the Arts
- Wisconsin Visual Artists
- Woodland Pattern